Monday, September 08, 2008

Working Out

Ok. So as athletic as I am, and as strong as I act...that's not always the true me. I LOVE to play sports and be moving, but only for fun and if I have adreneline running. But to go to the gym and workout is VERY hard for me, I know it's hard to believe, but it's true. I love the feeling I have after I've worked out, I just always feel good and upbeat and am always in such an amazing mood after I workout. You could tell be the worst news, and if it were right after I worked out, I would still be upbeat and happy. You could tell me you hated me and were leaving, or want to have a deep conversation, or want to talk about past life experiences, and if it was after I worked out, I would still be upbeat and happy. It's actually kind of crazy. But as far as this Exercise Psychology class I'm taking, we're talking about why people exercise or don't exercise and what motivates them to or not to exercise. And it's got me seriously thinking. If someone asks me to workout and I can, I will. But for me to go on my own, even if I have absolutely nothing to do, it's very hard and rarely happens. So, I guess what I'm saying is, just because I seem super athletic and tough, it's not just an act really, but I do also have difficulties getting myself to workout, just me. So I'm learning from this class too. But I won't use my exercise psychology on any of my friends :)

1 comment:

Page said...

Yeah, but what if your friends want you to use you exercise psych. on them? :)