The speaker this weekend was pretty cool too. He talked about having a safe place and the three things to look for in your safe place (a right attitude, a right atmosphere, and a right approach). I loved hearing this message, and definitely think all three are very present in my safe place, I LOVE IT!!!
One of his messages was a little advanced, and luckily Page and I have already kind of talked on the topic a little bit so it wasn't horrible, but if it weren't for us having already talked about it, I probably would've gone crazy not understanding what he was tlaking about. But all in all he was a great speaker to have at Fall Retreat and I learned some stuff so that's what matters.
Another super awesome part was that not only did we have like 49 students or something like that, we had a good amount of Freshmen and others new to CRU this semester. The best part about the group that we had was the community that was built and strengthened. And the newcomers noticed the community aspect of our CRU group that we have worked hard to build and focused on for like the last year or so.
Dave got to play with the band, which happened to be the UTSA CRU band this year. They are "none TO perish" and did a really great job. They worked really hard leading up to this weekend and practiced a ton before each time they played, but they were super awesome and I heard lots of other students from other schools talking about them, it was cool!
Also, Page and Dave brought James with them and he was totally a hit with the girls. He's such a flirt, but so cute too. It was great having them there and being able to hang out with them this weekend. Hanging out with them is always fun, but like a while weekend away, with beautiful weather and not in the city life, not having to go anywhere to get food or go out anywhere, it was just a good weekend at camp. It was such a blessing to have them there with us and to just get to chill and relax and have fun. And to get to play with James, and play Frisbee with Page and Dave and play guitar with Dave and just talk and have good conversations with Page. It was an all around awesome weekend and I am SO blessed to have them in my life.
Bonus: I got a picture of James, which is pretty cool to me that he looked at the camera.
And I got a picture with James that isn't half bad :)
Best bonus of this weekend though, Page and I got a picture together :)
No comments:
Post a Comment