I knew I was forgetting something this week. I sewed, studied some and am waiting for my practice test in the mail, read my Bible, worked, but knew there was one more thing I was supposed to be doing...BLOG!!
On a side note, today was my little sister's birthday, she's 8, wow!! Time has flown. Happy Birthday beautiful girl, I cannot wait to see how God uses you!
Anyways, this weekend our church, which partners with Campus Crusade for Christ, met up on campus with students and staff from the CRU ministry and helped with move-in. Then Saturday night in place of church we had a kind of outreach night, which entailed a BBQ and music by our band in front of one of the dorms. I wish I took a picture but the turnout was great...praise God! The line for food was long and we had just enough food. This is one of my favorite events. My spiritual gifts do not include evangelism, but does include helps/service so helping these misty freshmen and just having small talk with them was comfortable and super fun to me! Such a blast to see God at work on campus. And it's so fun and such a blessing to see and be a part of a church living out the church in Acts.
It's a little long but such an amazing example of the church back just after Jesus rose and the Hoy Spirit came down. I can't imagine what it would've been like to live in those times, but I bet it would've been awesome! (more on my thoughts of living back then another time)
"And with many other words he testified and exhorted them, saying, Be saved from this perverse generation. Then those who gladly received his word were baptized; and that day about three thousand souls were added to them. And they continued steadfastly in the apostles doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers. Then fear came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were done through the apostles. Now all who believed were together, and had all things in common, and sold their possessions and goods, and divided them among all, as anyone had need. So continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart, praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved." Acts 2:40-47
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment