Sometimes I'm going to keep it simple. That being said, I'm still not really sure what to write today. I know tomorrow I will not have much time to write most likely so I want to stick to my at least every other day blogging. I guess today I will just share with you about my Bible reading. I've never been very good at reading daily or even weekly. A while back I decided to start reading chronologically. I was doing ok, then I got off track. I started dating this guy and we decided to read chronologically together so I started over and stayed with him, we did ok but then allowed it to slip. Once we broke up things were rough and reading was the last thing I wanted to do. I guess I've always used the time excuse, I just don't have time to read today, when really I wasn't making the time. I thought maybe a reward would work, so everyday I read I was allowed to build the next step in this 3D nanoblock, lego like set I got, it worked, but then i wasn't building the set due to time and it wasn't a great reward. So, I decided to challenge myself, I had to read my daily reading each day before I could text anyone, that went really well, and I got to the point I wasn't always reading before texting but I'm still reading daily. Some days the reading is really boring because it's a lot of names and I feel like I'm trudging through mud trying to get through it, but I know and have seen how reading that is just as important. Today was one of those days. Right now I am towards the end of numbers. What is hard about reading daily for you? Have you ever struggled with reading everyday? What worked or didn't work to get you to the point of reading everyday?
Something I've started doing when reading, is writing in my Bible, next to the chapter number, a few words (usually a 3-4 main point, or two 2-3 main points) that summarize the chapter so when I look back through chapters I can usually tell/remember what it was about without reading the whole thing. It's been kind of a challenge sometimes, and has been fun.
"but the word of the Lord remains forever. And this word is the good news that was preached to you." 1 Peter 1:25
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment